The Position is based in Port Harcourt.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
• To lead investigative forensic and routine audits of high risk areas
• Responsible for overall examination and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s internal control systems and procedures and recommend corrective actions
• Drafting and executing the annual audit plans for the company.
• Identifying areas of potential risk and areas in order to improve operational efficiency.
• Ensure continuous statutory & financial audit to put check at all functional levels across organization.
• Assessment of functioning of internal control systems and notify the management regarding the control weaknesses and inherent risks
• Maintains open communication with management and the audit committee.
• Monthly reports on time with implications and recommendations of each control weakness.
• To plan-out and strategize Company’s Debtor management and Control system. To manage relationships with the customers. This is important in order to reduce exposer to potential bad debts.
• Review and develop sound controls and practices on financial, administrative and operational activities of the organization.
• Participate on project teams, as appropriate, ie system development projects, to be sure the appropriate controls are designed into the system.
Qualifications and Experience
• 10 years relevant experience, at least 5 years management experience in audit (Internal or External) or related discipline is required.
• Big 4 Accounting/Audit firm experience preferred.
• Expert use of computer and internet especially MS Office Suite and outlook
• Applied knowledge of ERP and other Finance/Management systems preferred.
• IT audit experience an advantage
This vacancy is a full time position.